A well thought out backyard can be a huge factor when selling your home. It can influence the prospective buyers’ entire perception of the property. As such, a messy, overgrown yard can deter buyers and make a horrible first impression. In our latest blog, we have put together some ideas to make your yard a selling point, helping you to get the best return on your home.
They don’t call it the great outdoors for anything. A well landscaped and maintained yard can add 15% to the value of your home. If a person REALLY loves it, your yard can add another 12% in perceived value to certain buyers! That’s a lot of value! Here are some suggestions to have your yard sell your home!
We can’t express enough how important curb appeal can be when it comes to selling your Hampton Roads home. The fact of the matter is, people, DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. An overgrown front yard, worn paint, and overall messiness could cause some people not to even bother looking inside your home!
- Add paint touch-ups as needed
- Add new fixtures, locks, and doormat
- Refresh mailbox with some paint and flowers planted around the base
- Trim back bushes and trees, and make sure all the weeds are pulled from the flower beds.
A clean and neat yard speaks volumes about how you care for the other aspects of your home. If you invest time and energy into the beautification of your yard, then you are likely to do the same throughout the rest of the house. A clean yard shows you take pride in your home, which potential buyers will recognize and respect.
- Power the sidewalk, porch, driveway and anything else that needs it. A good power washing can have the same effect as a fresh coat of paint!
- Pull the weeds, edge the lawn and trim back bushes and trees.
- Get rid of ANY clutter laying around. Even if it something you use, if it is in anyway an eye-sore, store it away somewhere else.
- Wash the windows, inside and out
- Touch up worn out or chipped paint
- Fix anything in need of repair… steps, mailbox, etc.
While you want a beautiful yard, you don’t want it to be a full-time job to maintain. Simple and clean is the best way to go.
- Be conscious of water usage, especially in dryer areas
- Don’t plant high maintenance vegetation
- Consider a rock garden, sand or gravel in one area of the yard
However, you choose to landscape, make sure you are doing in consciously, with your potential buyer in mind! Your yard can make or break the sale of your home! Keep this in mind when you are ready to sell your Hampton Roads house!
We buy houses in Virginia. However we Specialize in local areas. Maybe while you have been driving around you’ve often seen signs posted around that say . .We buy Houses Newport News, We buy Houses Hampton, We buy Houses Portsmouth, We buy Houses Williamsburg, We buy Houses Norfolk, We buy Houses Virginia Beach or We buy Houses Chesapeake. So here’s the thing . . . Those are not our signs because We Don’t Post Signs around town.
If you are thinking about selling your Hampton Roads home, we can help you get ready with some innovative and inspiring ideas!